Chemical Hygiene 101: Planning for your Safety Needs
In this course, participants will learn how to recognize the purpose and components of a laboratory chemical hygiene plan. At the end of the class, participants will know how to identify their responsibilities of implementation and managing of such a plan.
Lecture will be supplemented with classroom exercises to strengthen the participant’s understanding of the methods presented.
Key Session Topics:
- Recognize the definitions relating to OSHAs requirements for a chemical hygiene plan
- Identify components of a laboratory chemical hygiene plan
- Understand requirements for training and the information given to employees
- Identify monitoring of employee exposure and medical requirements
- Recognize OSHA requirements for hazard identification
Who Should Attend:
Safety Officers, Supervisors or managers who have the responsibility to manage a laboratory safety program
In order to fulfill OSHA (29 CFR 1910.1450) annual CHP training requirements for your laboratory, Labtopia offers additional customized training to include the following topics:
Your laboratory chemical list and their SDS
Emergency Preparedness Plan
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)