How to Select a Certified Registrar
Selecting a properly certified registrar is crucial to the success and validity of your accreditation program. To avoid being deceived and endure ensuing problems, be sure to take the time to carefully consider your selection of registrars. This will save you valuable time and resources!
To help in your selection process there are many precautions you can take to ensure the selection of your certified registrar is right for you:
- Ensuring the proper accreditation of your pick in registrars is a great way to ensure competency and qualifications.
To identify a certified body, seek out these three logos on their certification:
- Certified Body’s Logo
- Accreditation Board’s logo
- International Accreditation Forum (IAF) logo
When seeking out a certified registrar be sure all logos are present, without one you should challenge the body and consider rejecting them if requirements are not met.
- Check both references and prior experience of the registrar.
- Seek a registrar with the right background and experience that mirrors your own business’s ideals and goals when possible.
- Do not be afraid to ask registrars for references! A registrar with a respected reputation will offer references willingly upon request.
- Ask specifically about the registrar’s industry experience to justify and validate their competency.
- Try to verify that the registrar's proposed schedule aligns with your accreditation plan and timeline.
- One of the most important measures your business can take in selecting a certified registrar is to ask questions.
- Do not hesitate to voice your concerns.
- Ask questions about overall costs and itemized charges to ensure financial compatibility.
- Making the effort to clear the air and ensure both parties are on the same page can be an overwhelming difference between a successful accreditation or not.
- With the pressure to find the correct registrar, it is important to eliminate any residing doubt you may have. The relationship you develop with your registrar will be for the life of your certification.
Taking these precautions will help you ensure the registrar you do select is a fit for you and your business goals.
Need help selecting your Certified Register? Labtopia can help! Contact us today!